Did you know 2

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Did you know what the driving secret is?


The secret that will help our pocketbook, and the planet is simple: Slow Down! I discovered this little miracle by committing to drive 55 mph for a week on my commute. I got 40 miles per gallon. The difference in going faster is startling. At 65 mph, it drops to 32 mpg. I consider that significant. What does slowing down mean on the days I drive to Cheyenne? Well, I suppose I make a lot of people angry because they buzz around me as if I'm standing still. Yet, when I get to the stop light, we arrive at nearly the same time.

No comments:

Did you Know

Did you know that the average human brain contains approximately 86 billion neurons? These remarkable cells form intricate networks, allowing us to think, feel, and experience the world around us. Each neuron communicates with others through electrical impulses, creating a symphony of thoughts, memories, and emotions. So next time you ponder life’s mysteries, remember that your brain is orchestrating a cosmic dance of neurons!