Did you know 2

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Did you know about zero tolerance

I recentely had a technical problem with a company so I called to resolve the issue. After several minutes of conversation with the customer service representive I found out this person was not able to help me. So I asked her name again and wrote it down and asked to speak to her supervisor. Ofcourse she went own to explain that her supervisor was going to say exactly what she die... I kindly reminded that person that her supervisor does not answer to her but she answers to him... So could I please speak to him. Now the reason that I ask to speak to the supervisor, was because I was following the chain of command. Which is what you should do anytime you have a question comment or concern in regards to a issue or complaint with any company! Now the supervisor came on the phone and was the absoulte rudest person that I had ever talked to in my life, who claimed that she was a Manager. She told me what she was not going to do anything and she did not care... I went on to tell her that if she did not believe nothing else that she should believe that I was going to call to report her because how she acted was not a good representation of that company... She was proud to give me her name and a number to call, saying that she ran her department and no one was over her. So, I called the number and it was the wrong number but they transfered me right back to her same department. So I started explaining the issue to another supervisor that had just happened to field my call. As he listened to me explain my problem he stated that he was very sorry, then he looked at the call log. The next comment that he made surprised me... that person was nothing more than a supervisor like him. He asked me to hold on a minute while he found his manager. Now when the manager came to the phone, he explained that he was briefely brieded on what had happened by the supervisor and he asked me to explain what happen in my own words. So I explained to him in great detail what had happened, he appoligize and helped me reolve the issue that I was having. Now before the manager got off the phone he said that the situation that happened with that supervisor would be taken care of immediately. So now here is where we get to zero tolerance... Because that person was rude to me that was unexceptable and was grounds for termination! The company pulled the call records and listen to the call and immediately fired that person on the spot...

Please always remember that every company has a protocal that they must follow. If you are not happy with the actions of any individual within a company you have a right to follow the chain of command.

No comments:

Did you Know

Did you know that the average human brain contains approximately 86 billion neurons? These remarkable cells form intricate networks, allowing us to think, feel, and experience the world around us. Each neuron communicates with others through electrical impulses, creating a symphony of thoughts, memories, and emotions. So next time you ponder life’s mysteries, remember that your brain is orchestrating a cosmic dance of neurons!