Did you know 2

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Did you know that a man racked up $81,039 in parking fines ?

NEW YORK, Dec. 15 (UPI) -- The New York City Department of Finance says a man racked up $81,039 in parking fines but the alleged offender denies the claims.

The department said Alexander Khamish, 30, has incurred 415 parking tickets since 2004 -- the largest amount of fines racked up by anyone during the period -- but the alleged serial offender contends the tickets resulted from identity theft, the New York Post reported Friday.

"Basically, someone registered (the offending) vehicles under my name," Khamish said. "I knew about this a couple years ago, but I didn't know it (involved an) $80,000 (debt).

"Someone did register vehicles under my name before I found out, but I was going back and forth with the DMV, and from the last I heard, I thought everything was OK."

Finance Department spokesman Owen Stone said Khamish's claims would be investigated.

"If it winds up his identity was stolen, he won't be responsible for the tickets," Stone said.

No comments:

Did you Know

Did you know that the average human brain contains approximately 86 billion neurons? These remarkable cells form intricate networks, allowing us to think, feel, and experience the world around us. Each neuron communicates with others through electrical impulses, creating a symphony of thoughts, memories, and emotions. So next time you ponder life’s mysteries, remember that your brain is orchestrating a cosmic dance of neurons!