Did you know 2

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Did you know that sister and brother were Reunited 43 years later


A man hadn’t seen his long-lost sister for 43 years… or so he thought.
Ken Whitty had lost touch with Yvonne but, incredibly, they were only living 300 yards apart in neighbouring streets.
Ken, 64, said: “I’ve walked past her house lots of times and I’ve even seen her in the garden.
“I have walked past her in the street and never realised it was my sister.”
Yvonne, 62, and Ken’s parents died when they were children and the youngsters were placed in the care of a family friend.
They lost touch with each other when Ken left home aged 21.
He said: “I often wondered what had happened to our kid. I’ve tried lots of different things to find her over the years and it all came to nothing.
“I thought we would eventually get back in touch, but time went by and it never happened.”
So at Christmas Ken decided to put an ad in a local newspaper.
He explained: “I thought, ‘It’s Christmas, I’m 65 next year and I’ve got to do something.’ I just had to do it this year. more

No comments:

Did you Know

Did you know that the average human brain contains approximately 86 billion neurons? These remarkable cells form intricate networks, allowing us to think, feel, and experience the world around us. Each neuron communicates with others through electrical impulses, creating a symphony of thoughts, memories, and emotions. So next time you ponder life’s mysteries, remember that your brain is orchestrating a cosmic dance of neurons!